CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 12, 2009


Do you see what I see?
I have been a nurse for almost 6 years but I probably couldn't tell you much about the above picture except the fact that it is a knee MRI.


The following is the radiology report:

Findings of post arthroscopic surgery linear fibrosis demonstrated in the infrapatellar fat.

There is evidence for post surgical foreshortening of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus with moderate high-signal throughout the remainder of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus which might be compatible with recurrent or residual tear.

A small amount of subchondral sclerosis demonstrated along the posterior most aspect of the posterior lateral joint space femoral articular cartilage and chronic sprain without disruption of the lateral collateral ligament and anterior cruciate ligament is demonstrated.

Grade I-II chondromalacia patella is demonstrated.

A small amount of chronic suprapatellar and infrapatellar bursitis is demonstrated.


Well, what does that mean??
Over the past couple of weeks, I have talked with a sports medicine doctor and two orthopedic surgeons who agree that I need knee surgery. (Again)



So, today I was scheduled for a knee arthroscopy on April 9th. The plan is to remove the torn meniscus and evaluate the surface of the joint to determine if a more extensive surgery will be needed. I will have the entire Easter weekend to recover at home. I will be on crutches for a few days, but recovery should be quick. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me some extra chocolate!





1 comment:

Amy said...

I am sorry about your knee! that stinks. I will be praying for you!