CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksmas

This past weekend Matt and I enjoyed a kick-off to the 2008 holiday season--Thanksmas!!

Thanksmas is a family tradition established ??? (about six? years ago)
When my grandparents started to migrate south for the winter, we started to get together the weekend before Thanksgiving to share our former Christmas traditions. This includes: #1 family gathering, #2 The original Grinch movie, #3 Roast Beast and fixin's (creamed onions, Yorkshire pudding and my favorite pumpkin chiffon pie!!) #4 our amateur photo session.

We had a great time this year and shared this special holiday with our aunt, cousins, brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew, maternal grandparents, Mom, Joe and the Hagler crew. We really missed Uncle Bob and Aunt Linda. Linda has been battling cancer and couldn't make the drive up from the Houston area--but we did get to have a nice chat with them after dinner.

The cooler weather is definitely welcome and helps me get into the holiday spirit! I even started digging out our Christmas decorations today. I know--I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving too!
















We want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. Be careful in your travels and eat lots--Thanksgiving only happens once a year!!

6 comments:

La said...

Great Pix!!! I know you have more....Look forward to seeing them all soon.
Love Ya
Mom

Stacey said...

That is a very neat tradition! I love the pictures!

Otte, Party of Five said...

it was lots of fun! :)
--jess

Dramatic Imaging said...

Hey! Pics are sooo cute! You guys look amazing! Hewy what is your email? I can't find it? I need to add you! email me at dramaticimaging@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

Love your pictures! Looks like ya'll had a great time!

Tyne said...

What wonderful pictures and fun family traditions. I also think it is pretty cool that you got to meet Martha! Good luck with the blog makeover giveaway and thanks for stopping by...