CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Babies and Baby Fever

I've admitted it here before--I have baby fever! It seems like most of my friends are either pregnant or have had babies this past year.


So many people have asked when Matt and I are going to start a family. It's going to be a while. If we plan it perfectly, maybe Spring of 2011 after I graduate from anesthesia school?!?!?

I'm sure I'll be ready by then. I feel like I have learned from each of my friends during their pregnancies and some of my friends even let me "practice" on their kids! This past Thursday, my friends Kat & Paul went out to a movie while I kept their two precious daughters Ashley & Abigail. I have to say, they have the best babies. Ashley was fast asleep in her crib. I didn't even get to see her except on their tiny little baby monitor screen. Miss Abby woke up, drank 4 oz of formula, we talked and played for 45 minutes, then she fell asleep in my arms while I sang "You are my Sunshine" over and over. PERFECT!


After class on Friday, I met up with a couple of my high school friends, Sarah & Keva, at
Mi Cocina in Fort Worth. I haven't seen them in over 8 years! It was so nice to catch up.

After lunch we headed over to the
Fort Worth Botanic Gardens so Keva's kids could run around and we could talk and share pictures of our families. It was so nice to know that they are both doing so well and are happily married.

Unfortunately, we forgot to take pictures before Keva had to pick up her daughter from school. Matt stopped by and clicked a couple of pictures of Sarah and me. Sarah is almost 20 weeks pregnant--so cute!




I am really looking forward to catching up with more of my Rains High School class of 1999 friends at our 10 year reunion on June 13th. Especially, Catherine and Stacey who I keep up with in the blog world, but haven't seen in way too long!


4 comments:

Destiny said...

2011!!!! That's a long time to have baby fever :)

Catherine said...

OMG! Sarah is still beautiful and you look great too! I'm so jealous you got to see her and Keva! Can't wait until the reunion!!

Stacey said...

I can't wait until you are pregnant and having babies!! I know you have a lot going on with school, but someday you will make a wonderful momma! It is so neat to see old friends, I can't wait to catch up with everyone at the reunion. Are you going to both functions?

Amy said...

That is great you got to hang out with Sarah and Keva. I haven't seen either of them in forever. I didnt know Sarah was pregnant.
And for the record, you will be a great mother some day...no rush, do it when you are ready!