CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Knee Surgery

ACL RECONSTRUCTION

MENISCUS TRANSPLANT

AUTOLOGOUS CHONDROCYTE IMPLANTATION


Well, I made it. My surgery was yesterday; they started at 8:15 am and finished at 2:30 pm - took a little longer than they expected but Dr. Bothwell assured me that everything looked nice when he finished.


After an hour stay in PACU, I was transferred to the transplant floor. We have a great room/suite with 2 flat panel TV's, a mini frig and a pull out couch for Matt to sleep beside me!


I had some significant pain when I got to my room and it took them an hour to get me into the system and for pharmacy to get my meds! Pain is much better now with Hydrocodone every 4 hours and Morpine PCA. (I thought that I was tougher than I am!)
Sarah and Brad came by Tuesday evening and brought me a goodie basket with lots of fun and thoughtful gifts. Two magazines, a puzzle book, snack foods, a candle, lip gloss and playdough! (which came in very handy later)
At midnight the nurse came in and set up my CPM (continuous passive motion). With my leg cycling up 40 degrees then flat again; I didn't get much sleep.

Mom and Matt have been fabulous nurses and I couldn't make it without them!
Hopefully I will go home tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, I will miss my first summer II class.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Love ya and will be praying for ya!!!
Tex(Mason)

Destiny said...

Wow, that is intense. Glad you made it and hope you feel back to normal soon!

Jim said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Look forward to following your progress. Definitely email me if I can help out in any way.

Jim

whenpigsfly said...

I was blog hopping and found you. What a fun blog you have ! I'm so glad your surgery and meds went well for you!! We have such an appreciation for organ donors, my hat is off to the person /family whose cadaver gave you new parts and a new lease on life!!
Linda in Oklahoma at
Smithsoup.blogspot.com