CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Wedding Dress

Kelly's Korner is hosting a "Show Us Your Life" blog carnival...and I decided to join in on the fun!

This week is "Show Us Your Wedding Dress" Friday!

I LOVED my wedding dress and knew that it was the one right away!


Finding THE DRESS!
I was a travel nurse and lived in Washington D.C. at the time. It was about six months until our wedding and my mom was coming into town in a couple of weeks. My goal was to visit a few bridal salons and pick out a couple of my favorite dresses and choose the one while my mom was there.

So, PJ (my mother-in-law) and I set off on a fun adventure. After visiting a couple of salons we went to Priscilla of Boston. I had a Watters dress that I wanted to see and unbeknownst to us they were also having a sample sale. I described the Watters dress to the attendant and told her my budget and what I was looking.

She returned to the dressing room with two dresses. I tried on the Priscilla's dress first and loved it. It was a sample, a little too big and the zipper was broken. Then I tried on the dress that I had come to see. It fit nicely but was really heavy. As I looked around the room in all the mirrors I saw the Priscilla's dress hanging there and knew it was the one. I still had the Watters dress on when I called my mom (crying) to tell her that I had found THE ONE!

We bought the dress that day and took it home to my soon-to-be in-laws' house to stay in her very special 'dress closet' for the next few months. The purchase was special for my MIL for several reasons. Not only is her first name Priscilla, but my dress continued a tradition because she wore a Priscilla of Boston dress on her wedding day too!

Finally, I had it perfectly altered and pressed for the best day of my life!













I loved my shoes too! SOMETHING BLUE


Just click on Kelly's link below to see other wedding dresses...and post yours too!


4 comments:

Tara G. said...

What a special memory! Love the shoes and you looked beautiful!

Stacey said...

Love the dress! You looked absolutely beautiful in it!

Dana Maxwell said...

I also ran into a Priscilla sample dress, but 33 years ago. I loved it at first sight!!! It needed very little alterations, except for the sleeves. It had lace cap sleeves and we were to be married in March. I was afraid it looked to summery, so we ordered the matching lace from Priscilla's and my mother made a fitted lace sleeve coming out from under the cap sleeve, with covered buttons at the wrist. It looked like it came that way!
30 years later, my daughter honored me by using my veil (it matched the dress she picked out perfectly). And so wedding dresses and their stories go. They carry so many memories, dreams, hopes and mystique!
Enjoyed seeing your beautiful dress and the story. Long live Priscilla of Boston!

Reen said...

I love your dress. The picture of you from behind in the church is absolutely breathtaking!

Thanks for sharing your special day!