CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Getting Ready For Baby Harville!


A couple of weeks ago Mom, Matt and I headed over to our friends Sarah & Brad's house to help paint the baby room!

The guys had an outdoor landscaping project to work on and the girls stayed in the air conditioning with our love VOC paint.

We had the perfect system worked out, I am still on crutches, so I sat down painted low. Mom taped and painted the top of the wall next to the ceiling and Sarah, with her cute baby belly, painted in between!

We had a lot of fun and got the first coat of pain on the walls.





Since then, Sarah and Brad have finished painting and are now working on installing wood floors! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!



Last weekend was Sarah's Baby Shower. Sarah & Brad stayed with us at Mom's house the night before the shower. We enjoyed eating yummy Big D's BBQ then played Rock Band until Joe shut our gig down!

The shower was cute with lots of precious little boy stuff, fun games and good snacks. Unfortunately, it rained right when everyone was showing up (excuse my bad hair!)

Funny story. Since I am STILL on crutches and it was raining, Brad decided that he would carry me in because my crutches would sink in the walkway. It was lightly raining when he came out to our car and said, "I'm going to carry you in. Like a baby or sac of potatoes?" What, I thought?! Then the skies opened up and the rain came down. "Sac of potatoes," I exclaimed and he swept me up and ran for cover! He (and I) was not sure why I chose that, but at the spur of the moment that's what came out. Not a very lady like entrance but he was quite the gentlemen and even held down my skirt!









3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Y'all are so sweet! I can just imagine the pregnant girl and the girl on crutches painting :)

The shower {and Sarah} both look fabulous!

Destiny said...

Wow, Is that helping your baby fever :)
That's awesome you guys are moving to Cali, we really like that area, I hope it goes well for ya.
Maddie's tutu was from Clair's and I made the rest!
Thanks to the internet hopefully we will KIT!

Amy said...

you guys are so cute. Sarah's belly is precious...and you are one tough chick painting and such on crutches!